I've been inspired by pictures floating around on Pinterest of glitter gradient nails, so I decided to give it a try with one of my new China Glaze colors...
Excuse my less-than-stellar paint job :D
So what did I use?
So first I applied China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat. I never used to use a base coat, but I'm finding that the darker polishes tend to leave a yellowish tint to my nails, which I hate! The base coat helps prevent that.
Second, I used China Glaze in "Below Deck". I bought this a few weeks ago while looking for some new fall shades. It has a nice deep purplish tint to it...not too bright, not too dark. I just love it!
Then I applied my favorite top coat ever, China Glaze Fast Forward. I've been using this for 2 years and I've found nothing that even compares to it. It dries your nails SO fast. Seriously, in like 30 seconds. If you're impatient like me, or usually applying polish right before you need to head out the door like me, you have to invest in a bottle of this. It sells for around $7 at Sally's. Sally Hansen makes a similar product, but it didn't work nearly as well for me.
And finally, I used Sephora's Spark-tacular to add some bling! I just started at my cuticle and worked my way up with the brush, trying to avoid making straight, symmetrical lines. You want to create a fading, gradient look, so it shouldn't be perfect.
Ta-da! This is a great way to jazz up boring nails! Give it a try :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment